QCI Healthcare has been caring for patients in their home since 1997 and can help provide care for but not limited to the following:
- Assistance with Daily Routines and Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- Respite Care
- Hospice Care
- Bathing, Grooming, and Dressing
- Meal Planning and Preparation
- Incontinence and Toileting
- Cognitive Impairment / Dementia
- Accompaniment to Appointments
- Managing and Administering Medication
- Assistance with laundry and light house cleaning
We understand that every home care case is unique, but you can rest easy knowing that a dedicated QCI representative is always available and working to ensure that the most important things to you and your healthcare needs are met to your satisfaction.
QCI Healthcare can work directly with long-term care insurance or in-home care policies to help identify benefits, negotiate service limits and coverages, accept direct payment for services, and advocate for additional services or care specific to your situation.
No policy, no problem. QCI Healthcare can be paid directly by the patient, family, trust, or other for services as well. Please contact us to discuss these options so that we can determine the best fit for your unique situation.
We will come to your home or the hospital and work directly with the family, case manager, social workers, insurance adjusters, and your primary care physician to help relieve the burden and strain of coping with and adjusting to having care in the home.